I then made a few changes to my RSS habit that made it much more manageable:
- No more high-volume feeds. (I haven’t missed a thing.)
- No more feeds for which I read and enjoy less than half of the content.
- No more blogs about blogging.
- No more list posts (“top 8”, “17 reasons”, etc.).
- No more sites whose content is mostly aggregated from elsewhere instead of original.
And most importantly:
- I no longer attempt to read long articles on my computer.
I noticed that cleaning RSS should be a routine, not a one time activity. However, even following the above advice for a long time I still suffer from information overload anxiety. More radical steps are needed.